Hint

After clicking "OK" a connection to Facebook will be established so that you can share the post there with your Facebook account.

New environment - we can play via GameRanger

streikender Siedler

VPN-Key:
Betreff:

New environment - we can play via GameRanger

· 
Gepostet: 01.05.2018 - 07:30  · #1
Hello everyone.

As I'm fresh player here and I can't play that game without stupid vpn key and also I have some Direct Draw errors (but I can play Settlers 3 on single player or GameRanger without any problems) - only here problems appear.

My suggestion for you is switch to GameRanger (https://www.gameranger.com) - it's a great tool for many games - everything works without any problems, but not so many Settlers 3 players knows about it :(

Tell me what you think about it.
Regards

You can have this text translated into the following languages:

Similar topics:

Bauarbeiter

VPN-Key:
Betreff:

Re: New environment - we can play via GameRanger

· 
Gepostet: 01.05.2018 - 10:29  · #2
You want the whole system and all players to switch over because you cant wait 1 or 2 days for your vpn key and adjust some settings? Funny :D

streikender Siedler

VPN-Key:
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 01.05.2018 - 11:20  · #3
I could sounds like that, but that's not what I mean... :P I think that GameRanger is better than current system, this one it's to complicated and not friendly for new users. If you wanna more players, it should be more friendly...

Bastler ohne Hand
Homepage: adrianer.org

VPN-Key:
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 01.05.2018 - 12:04  · #4
Where exactly is the aLobby too complicated or not user friendly?

streikender Siedler

VPN-Key:
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 01.05.2018 - 12:26  · #5
- waiting for VPN key
- not correct support for modern systems ( windows 10, 64 bit in my case ), I have same error like here: cb3/quot-directdraw-error-dder…-solution/ and solution described there seems not working for me. That's problem with "aLobby", because game works without problems in single player or GameRanger (here is full support for Windows 7,8,10)
- I know that this game is very old, but interface of "alobby" doesn't have to be the same :P

I do not attack anyone, just it would be nice when we can play this way:
install game & multiplayer (ex. GameRanger) and just play..

I saw some comments from players which try to play with "aLobby" but it doesn't work for them, it would be nice when configuration and installation of drivers will not take sooo much time.

Bastler ohne Hand
Homepage: adrianer.org

VPN-Key:
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 01.05.2018 - 12:54  · #6
Quote by Destroyer444

- waiting for VPN key

I agree that this is not nice, as a new player you want to start playing right away. But this also is an effective measure against cheaters which we need to take - GameRanger & Co. do not fight cheating at all.

Quote by Destroyer444

- not correct support for modern systems ( windows 10, 64 bit in my case ), I have same error like here: cb3/quot-directdraw-error-dder…-solution/ and solution described there seems not working for me. That's problem with "aLobby", because game works without problems in single player or GameRanger (here is full support for Windows 7,8,10)

The aLobby has good support for modern systems (in fact even better one than for older systems).
The DirectDraw Error is in fact a bug of newer Windows and/or graphics drivers versions. Let me explain why: the aLobby allows for playing games using the CD and GoG versions of Settlers 3 - even in a single game players using either version can participate (GameRanger, once more, does *not* allow that!). To do that, the aLobby creates a new file in your Settlers3 directory called "s3_alobby.exe". Unfortunately, especially if you have more than one graphics card installed, if an external program tries to launch this new exe, Windows tells the launched exe that it has no 3D-capabilities - and hence Settlers3 claims that DirectDraw is unsupported.
The workaround is simple: go to your Settlers 3 installation directory and launch the "s3_alobby.exe" manually once - after that it should work also when started by the aLobby 8-)

Quote by Destroyer444

- I know that this game is very old, but interface of "alobby" doesn't have to be the same :P

As the aLobby is dedicated to only one game it makes sense to mimic the original UI. If you don't like that, you can always change the style in the settings :P (And BTW: Do you find GamRangers interface is modern? For me it looks exactly like a typical Windows application from 1998 :P ).

Bauarbeiter

VPN-Key:
Betreff:

· 
Gepostet: 01.05.2018 - 16:28  · #7
There are over 200 active players here and they all should come to you?

And the Support ist very good and fast.

Gewählte Zitate für Mehrfachzitierung:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.

Cookie Consent

This site uses cookies and tracking and (re-)targeting technologies to provide you with the best possible functionality and to constantly improve our website and advertisements.

By selecting "Accept cookies" you allow this website to use these cookies and technologies. This website may share this information with third parties - such as social media advertising partners like Google, Facebook and Instagram - for marketing purposes. Please visit our Privacy Policy (see section on cookies) for more information. There you will also find out how we use the data for necessary purposes (e.g. security).

Manage cookie settings

Please select and accept your cookie settings:

Further information on the data used can be found in the data protection declaration.